Worried about making a tax disclosure? For assistance please call our hotline on 0845 351 0090.
A tax investigation can be one of the most stressful things in life. BDO specialises in resolving all kinds of tax investigations, tax enquiries, tax disputes and conflicts with HM Revenue and Customs (formerly the Inland Revenue).
The most important thing on our agenda is the service we provide to our clients, who range from sole traders to large corporates and also include partnerships and trustees. We do everything we can to meet the client’s individual needs and shoulder the pressure leaving them to focus on their business. Our clients have the minimal contact necessary with HMRC, while we defend the client’s position and fight hard to get the minimum possible tax penalty and settlement.
We have a highly qualified and experienced team, including Chartered Tax Advisors, Tax Accountants and ex-HMRC Inspectors. Their experience includes dealing with corporate tax, personal tax, offshore trusts, PAYE, residence and domicile issues and voluntary disclosures.
How we can help – Our services
- Preparing disclosure reports as required under Code of Practice 9 / Contractual Disclosure Facility (suspected serious tax fraud)
- Preparing disclosure reports for unprompted voluntary disclosures
- Resolving tax investigations being conducted under Code of Practice 8 (tax avoidance)
- Dealing with tax enquiries raised into individuals, partnerships, corporates, offshore trusts or onshore trusts
- Providing ad hoc advice to tax accountants, lawyers, agents and other professionals
- Working together with other professionals to achieve a settlement on behalf of mutual clients
- Negotiating tax penalties or other elements of tax investigations
- Providing advice in relation to the new tax tribunal system
- Appeal hearings
- Dealing with conflicts with HMRC
- Making a voluntary disclosure to HM Revenue & Customs using the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility (LDF)
- UK / Switzerland tax agreement
- Reviewing tax affairs of UK residents and certification of UK tax compliance to Liechtenstein Financial Intermediaries – banks and trust companies, for example - as now required under Liechtenstein Law.