With widespread adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), there remains a possibility that a uniform framework for environmental and sustainability reporting will emerge. This will give a level of prominence to environmental costs, benefits, and sustainability within financial statements.
Environmental and sustainability reporting, taking account of an organisation’s impact on the planet, have become a high priority for shareholders and regulators alike.
How BDO can assist you
We provide the following services:
- Development of:
- environmental and sustainability reporting policies
- supply chain monitoring and purchasing policies
- financial reporting structures to provide timely, readily accessible and reliable environmental information to satisfy the interests of stakeholders.
- corporate governance improvement advice
- understanding and interpreting new regulatory requirements and prohibitions (including related taxes and subsidies)
- understanding and interpreting tradable permits and certificates used by governments to achieve a variety of sustainability enhancing objectives
- environmental and sustainability risk assessment.
- Reporting on:
- internal compliance with voluntary codes on environmental performance
- the application of environmental and sustainability corporate governance policies
- the application for tradable permits and certificates used by governments to achieve a variety of sustainability enhancing objectives.
- adding credibility to the reporting of information about environmental performance and sustainability.
Our clients benefit from our understanding of the regulatory and reporting requirements.
We provide knowledge of:
- how to report to stakeholders
- the financial incentives on offer
- the penalties in place.
As a firm we have strong credibility within financial and environmental reporting.