Specification and selection of business software
Are you confident about the process you have in place to specify and select new business software?
Our experience indicates that there are many instances of IT systems which have been poorly selected or implemented and which fail to meet the needs of users. In fact, research conducted amongst people who commissioned IT projects in smaller businesses has revealed that only 26% were regarded as successful.
Our approach to the specification and selection of business software includes:
- Interviewing users to create a Statement of Requirements
- Researching and evaluating the systems available to ensure functionality fit
- Managing the competitive tender and demonstration process of suppliers
- Reviewing supplier contracts
- Ensuring all parties agree the defined requirements of the system
- Project managing the implementation of the system
How does this benefit your business?
- You are assured that the selected system will meet your business requirements - now and in the future
- You can avoid the time and costs involved with external research and evaluation, by using experts with in-depth knowledge of the marketplace
- You are assured that the system offers a fair deal from a commercial perspective, including competitive pricing
- You are assured that suppliers are contracted to meet the needs of the business, not simply supply a package of software
- You will have confidence that all of the costs are identified in advance of the project starting
If you would like to find out how we can help your business, please contact John Dennison or your local BDO advisor.